TIPS AT THE TIME CLOCK TO OPTIMIZE SUCCESSFUL FACE RECOGNITION
Here are some tips to maximize successful face recognition at the time clock:
- Make sure entire face shows in the video screen. Do not stand too far away nor too close.
- Make sure face is aligned straight to camera (i.e., not to the side, up, down or tilted).
- Keep your eyes open looking at the camera.
- Take off eyeglasses.
- Remove anything which is obstructing face (e.g., hat, hand, long hair, mask, etc.)
- Make sure background lighting is sufficient and consistent (i.e., not too dark, no glares or light bulbs directly in photo, no shadows, etc.). Increase the device's display brightness to maximum level to help enhance facial lighting. You might also want to consider getting a low-wattage lamp to shine on employees' faces. Here is one that works pretty well.